ONJava.com -- The Independent Source for Enterprise Java

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Article:
  Hackers Meet Soldiers
Subject:   Re: The ideal firewall/router OS
Date:   2003-04-13 18:59:42
From:   anonymous2
> as long as a literate sysadmin is onhand to apply
> the rare kernel/userland patches and CVSup/make
> the few ports packages in use, the system is as
> bulletproof as any could be expected to be.

This is exactly the problem: It's too much hassle for me to track and apply and recompile the packages whenever an exploit is found. I want this stuff to happen (semi- or fully) automatically (optionally, of course). Debian's apt-get provides that, most other Linux distros provide it as well by now.