Wow, "love-it". Just replaced an aging PB G3 (14" Wallstreet) with a new PB G4 12". After stopping by the store a number of times to get a sense of screen and keyboard size in addition to feel, weight, and sterdyness. Anyway, I decided to try it. Purchased it about a week ago, and finally transferred my files this weekend.
- Initially the machine was slow. Lots of little things gave me the technicolor ball. However, when I reformatted this weekend I noticed a hefty performance boost.
- I heard very-very bad things regarding the super drive so I went with the combo drive. Very-very nice! LOVE the slot load, its quiet, and burning CDs on site kicks ass!
- Screen tilt rocks, been on an airplane or train and you know what I'm talking about. This screen tilts in as it opens. So you can tilt it back further.
- No PCMCIA is kinda scary (especially for someone who holds machines for approx. 4-years). I hope my firewire, USB, and ethernet ports stay in vogue.
- Keyboard is mad-sexy! For those asking "What the hell does that mean?", they key feel, size, and spring back pressure are the best I've EVER felt.
- This isn't a desktop replacement. When I need lots "O" screen I use the home box, but for everything else this does the job. Very-very portable! Lots of features. Lots of power.
I would recommend it to friends.