I did everything successfully as described, but had a problem when I tried to execute the client. The details are given below
1. Created CalcService.java
2. Compiled the java program to get CalcService.class
3. placed the CalcService.class in /$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/soap/WEB-INF/classes/onjava
4. created DeploymentDescriptor.xml in /$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/soap/WEB-INF/classes/onjava directory
5. java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
6. java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
7. java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
8. created CalcClient.java
9. compiled CalcClient.java to get CalcClient.class in
10. java onjava.CalcClient 98 90
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
The following was added in server.xml
I wanted to know weather if the above procedure is correct. Can anyone tell me if there is any mistake in the above procedure?
And I have one more problem, I am not able to execute servlets in subdirectory,
The link: "http://localhost:8080/examples" is working;
"http://localhost:8080/examples/dir" is not working and
"http://localhost:8080/examples/dir/subdir" also fails.
1. Do I need to set the <context path> for the subdirectory also?
2. Are the files present in the right directory?
3. Are the file names given is correct?
4. I need to give the following to run a servlet
http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/CookieExamples is working
http://localhost:8080/examples/CookieExamples is not working
can anyone explain .
thanking u in advance