ONJava.com -- The Independent Source for Enterprise Java

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
  Nukes: the Open Source Java CMS
Subject:   JLCP!!!
Date:   2003-06-09 10:24:01
From:   anonymous2
Response to: JLCP!!!

For the record, I am not affiliated with jlcp. Just an interested 3rd party.

>if JBoss offers features others don't have is
> that bad to use them for the sake of
>simplicity ?

Its called embrace and extend when Microsoft does it. Why is JBoss any better?

>For instance we can hotdeploy remote additional
> modules in a Nukes instance without to have to
> reset anything. Can you do that ?

Your confusing the app with the app server. I have no problem with JBoss' feature set. Compete away! I *DO* have a problem when we start writing appserver specific _apps_.

You want hotdeploy, fine. But why write Nukes to use JBoss-specific JMX functions?