ONJava.com -- The Independent Source for Enterprise Java

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Article:
  Installing Oracle 9iR2 on Red Hat 9
Subject:   Problem with national characters
Date:   2004-01-12 04:56:51
From:   anonymous2
Hi,
I've installed Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 on Mandrake9 Linux 2.4.22 as in your article - very good;o)
I can connect to an idle instance:
#su - oracle
#lsnrctl start
#sqlplus /nolog
SQL>connect / as sysdba
SQL>startup nomount pfile="/opt/ora9/product/9.2/USOS/pfile/initUSOS.ora
...Instance started... ok
SQL>CREATE DATABASE "USOS"
maxdatafiles 254
maxinstances 8
maxlogfiles 32
character set ee8iso8859p2
national character set ee8iso8859p2
DATAFILE '$ORACLE_BASE/oradata/USOS/USOS_system01.dbf' SIZE 512M
etc....
and after pressing enter I get the following message:
"You gave an incorrect national set of characters"

I really tried to modify these varriables but I cannot coome to the correct solution ;o(
I've enclosed some files that could help you.
COULD YOU HELP ME PLEASE!
Best regards

Tomasz Rykala
Computer Scientist at Politechnika Czestochowska (University)
trykala@adm.pcz.czest.pl