ONJava.com -- The Independent Source for Enterprise Java

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Article:
  Building Modular Applications with Seppia
Subject:   Does seppia work on mac os x, or unix?
Date:   2005-03-23 21:01:39
From:   saladspinner
I would really love to try out this seppia, but I run into "NoClassDefFound" problems when I follow the instructions in the article, as well as the "Getting Started" instructions on the seppia.org site.

(Yes, my classpath is set, and the JAVA_HOME environment variable is defined, although it would appear that that's not necessary from the article's instructions.)

> Note: the instructions here assume you are a Windows user.
> This is mainly a convenience to keep the writing concise. It
> should be quite easy to adapt the paths in these instructions
> to other systems.

However, the seppia website, under known bugs, states:

> Seppia does not work on Linux.
> There is no workaround for this. Unfortunately this is due
> to some incorrect code for manipulating URL strings being
> too system dependent. It will be fixed in the next release.

Should I expect that seppia will not work on mac os x (10.3.8, with jvm 1.4.2)?

1 to 1 of 1
  1. Does seppia work on mac os x, or unix?
    2005-03-24 11:52:02  lorenzop [View]

    • Does seppia work on mac os x, or unix?
      2005-03-24 20:59:35  saladspinner [View]

1 to 1 of 1