I keep asking myself the following questions.
1. Although I understand why Intel and not AMD from an enterprise and long term point of view, I wonder if guys at Seattle happy that they have a (theoretical) chance to hit Apple and hit hard on the same platform
2. Why would I go and buy a Pentium machine? I did not pay +xx% for the operating system only? How different will it be? Why wouldn't I settle to an AMD64 system.
3. Intel has lost market share to AMD in 64bit. What is the point in running Mac OS X on an Intel chip rather than running Linux on an AMD Opteron.
4. I'm disappointed, unhappy and I simply do not want an Intel CPU inside my mac. I wonder if they have done research on customer reaction? OR is Apple in trouble and had to settle with Intel. As Jobs said "a secret life for 5 years just in case" So this is plan B. and Apple believes they'll come over it as they did in their history twice.
5. Using a Mac for me is a preference. A mac user is not a mainstream user. Mac users feel special. So it'd have been cool to have AMD 64 and AMD Opteron rather than mainstream Pentium