||Start Me Up: Writing and Understanding OS X StartupItems|
I have created my own StartupItems under /Library/StartupItems, to perform some mounting each time when my Mac Mini reboots. I have followed the steps recommended in this article.
1. create a new folder called “ace_executor” under /Library/StartupItems
2. put ace_executor.sh under /Library/StartupItems/ace_executor
3. put StartupParameters.plist under /Library/StartupItems/ace_executor
4. create Resoruces/English.lproj folder under /Library/StartupItems/ace_executor and put the file Localizable.strings in it
5. change permissions of /Library/StartupItems to 755
6. reboot my Mac Mini