Digital Media Watch
by Erica Sadun
- iTunes to contain Ads [AdAge]
iTunes will start showing billboard ads in iTunes during on-computer podcast playback. iPod playback will reportedly be unaffected.
- Cheap and Early DVDs in Russia [TechDirt]
In order to compete with movie pirates, Universal will release "Cheap'n'early" DVDs in Russia four weeks after movie release date, and full-quality DVDs packed with extras a few months later.
- Linux Infrared Remote Control Porject [LinuxJournal]
Build your own cheap TV remote system for your homebrew MythTV computer.
- Warner Home Video releases low-end Aviator DVD in China for $1.50 [MSNBC]
Trying to make a profit in pirate-packed China, Warner Home Video is using a "simple pack" edition with a cardboard sleeve.
- Embedding Ads [BusinessWeek]
Advertisers begin to embed themselves into the entertainment itself, rather than commercials.