[MSFT:IronPython] IronPython v1.1 Now Available!

by M. David Peterson

A few days late on this one, but it seems nobody else in the O'ReillyNet Community has announced this, so it could very easily be news to a lot of folks. As such,

[IronPython] IronPython v1.1 Released!

From: Dino Viehland
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 2:44 PM
To: Discussion of IronPython
Subject: IronPython v1.1 Released!

Hello IronPython Community,

We have just released IronPython 1.1. It started out as the work on v1.0 started to wind down. We could not get the features ready before we started locking down for the v1.0 release but we're happy we can finally include them - as will be our summer interns who worked on some of these features and many of the modules during their stay with us. After that we have been looking at the most requested bug fixes and new features from the community. Based upon this feedback we've fixed a large number of bugs, greatly improved compatibility of some of the built-in modules, and a few other new features such as XML doc comments and the array module.

IronPython v1.1 is a minor update to IronPython including both new functionality as fixes for the most voted for bugs. The new functionality in v1.1 includes several new modules (array, SHA, MD5, and select), support for .NET XML Doc comments within the help system and doc tags, as well as support for loading cached pre-compiled modules. This release improves compatibility with CPython and gives the .NET developer a better interactive experience.

You can download the release from: http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=2573

We'd like to thank everyone in the community for your bug reports and suggestions that helped make this a better release: Arman0, Anthony Baxter, Christopher Baus, Christian Muirhead, Coleyc, Diane Trout, Doubleyewdee, Eloff, J. Merrill, JoeSox, J├Ârgen Stenarson, Michael Foord, Mike Raath, Py_Sunil, Seo Sanghyeon, Sylvain Hellegouarch, sophros, Tarlano, and Whit537.

More complete list of changes and bug fixes: