by Erica Sadun
- World's Largest iPod [MacDailyNews]
"The 25 ft. iPod is attached to the side of the Unizan Bank building across from the state house. Not only does it look like an iPod, but it actually plays music" I wouldn't actually call that "working". The 5-foot tall scroll wheel is strictly display-only although the "iPod" music comes from an actual embedded iPod.
- Bad Apples and iPod Rot [Guardian UK]
The Guardian discusses the 12-month iPod life expectancy and what you can (and can not) do about it.
- iPod Web Sites on iPodulator Pro [iPod Observer]
A public beta is now available. iPodulator Pro converts websites to text-only series of "Notes". Welcome to the dark ages of the iPod Web. Convergence cannot come too soon.
- Presenting...Blu-Ray! [Costco]
Blu-ray DVDs bow at Costco. 20 bucks each for A Knights Tale or House of Flying Daggers. Flying Daggers? Never heard of that one. Duck!
- Activity-Controlled Music Speed Selection [Inquirer]
Apple patents an invention that matches musical tempo to your activity level. Cool.
- Disposable Phone Numbers [Silicon Beat]
This caught my eye for the possible security/anonymity implications.