Top 5 Java Trends for This Year
by Steve Anglin
Looking ahead, here are the top 5 trends, issues and/or potential stories to expect from Java this year:
1. JAWS (Java API for Web Services) platform, which may include the JAX APIs, JXTA, jUDDI/UDDI, jSOAP/SOAP, and more yet to be determined.
2. JAX Pack continues its evolution: JAXP, JAXM, JAXB, JAXR, JAX-RPC, as well as possibly JAXT (Java API for XML Transformations) and JAXW (Java API for Wireless XML(WML)).
3. J2EE v.1.4 with its focus on Web services, along with the development of EJB 2.1 and the next versions of Servlets, JSP and more.
4. J2EE API for wireless Java (J2ME), including JSP and MIDlets, etc.
5. J2EE for the Mac OS X, if Mac OS X becomes accepted as a server-side OS.
What do you think of these top 5? If you think there are others to consider, feel free to share.